While I loved dogs, my busy schedule and an unknown fear of needing todevote a lot of time kept me from becoming a pet parent.Though I utilized every opportunity to engage with furry creatures duringmy walks around my apartment, I never dared to become a pet parent because Iknew that with being a parent comes a lot of responsibility.A year ago, when my friend moved abroad for work, I agreed to become afoster parent to his 3-year-old Golden Retriever "Musk." As myfriend's stay was supposed to be just for a few months, it was an option worthtrying.When Musk moved in, the euphoria and anxiety around the house justreminded me of the birth of my daughter. Like every other super-confidentparent, I thought I knew what Musk precisely needed. However, I did not realizeGod had plans to bring down my self-confidence.On the first day, Musk started panting heavily in the night. I quicklyresearched to check the reason for it. While the internet led my research toanxiety, I struggled to find a solution. I tried everything, from patting totreats, but nothing could calm him down. Finally, we could both sleep onlyearly in the morning.Over a few weeks, Musk and I seem to have agreed on a routine. It wasa 30-minute long morning walk with Musk pulling me to make sure I never lookedat my phone. It was followed by a hearty lunch, which Musk gulped in 30 secondsflat. And, of course, the day ended with patting his back and cuddling beforehitting the bed.(Who knew it was just the silence before the storm.)Over a few weeks, I could see that Musk was becoming lazy. He was notactively responding to instructions. Moreover, he looked as if he was notinterested in anything, including my patting his back and cuddling, which Ithought was the only thing he loved. This made us run to the vet with allfamily members in tow.Discussing with the vet made me realize that each breed has its ownspecific needs, depending on its genetics. Popular breeds like Goldies, Labs,and Shepherds were initially working dogs. But now, they are apartment pets,not to mention their need for exercise still needs to be kept up with.Similarly, they need to be fed according to specific calorie burn. Thus, it isnot just about the breed but also its lifestyle.The vet told us that Musk was showing early signs of obesity. Hence,he now needs precise food and a lifestyle change. My earlier nightmare ofowning a pet was coming true. I started spending more time on Musk than I everthought I would.I was juggling with time between my company, Musk, and tons of YouTubevideos and blogs. Unfortunately, the content created looked more for SEO thanhelping the dogs. To be honest, most suggestions were too generic.The need for measurement and an urge to best utilize my time with Muskbrought the techie back in me.I just wondered - won't it be magical if I could know Musk is doingall well? Or if the device can alert me if Musk needs a vet visit. Will it alsobe possible to know Musk's biomarkers like his activity time, activityintensity, sleep, etc., so that I can know precisely what to focus on? Hunt for the Holy Grail:Being an Apple watch user, my initial instinct was to search for agood fitness band for dogs. While Whistle or FitBark were the choices, theirmain focus remained on GPS-based tracking and a few specific alerts. However, Iwas looking for holistic measurements and suggestions based on thesemeasurements.My search in India took me to Wagr and links to an earlier attemptmade by Chinmay. They both were kind enough to share their learnings andprovide their suggestions. With no solution in sight, I started to buildsomething on my own.Forming the pack:Post the initial hypothesis, I shared the idea with Saurabh andAshwani. They both had a pet at their home before they migrated to apartmentsin Bangalore. And they shared a similar fear of pets taking over more time thanthe Bangalore traffic congestion. Saurabh and I were then building Fusion musicplayer, which grossed more than 8 million downloads before Google took it downand HIVE (India's first custom ROM over Android). Ashwani has been running hishardware venture for Smart Homes for some time, which may be a bit earlier thanthe market demanded. So, we worked as a team to build smart devices atOttomate.We brainstormed for a few months when Musk has been a scapegoat forall our experiments.The birth of Fydl.fitFor three months, we experimented with various exercise routines,health tips to get Musk back to the peak of his health. This included measuringhis BMS, weight, manually noting down activities, and measuring food portions.We could see dramatic results in the first 15 days, followed bygradual improvements over the weeks. This gave us confidence that the holygrail was at sight.We set out to build a prototype with our initial manual interventionsworking.An ARM microcontroller running ML model, an M2M quectel module forsending data, and a 3-axis accelerometer and gyroscope — we were ready toconvert our understanding to a measuring machine.With a deep neural network model running on the ARM MCU. We couldmeasure Musk's kinematics with 96% accuracy. Then, we bucketed them into rest,normal, and high-intensity activities.Accurate measurements helped us to keep tuning his food intake andexercise routines. We could get Musk to a stable weight in a few days andmeasure his kinetic data. Also, we were broadly able to get Musk a regularhealthy routine.That’s how Fydl was born, an accurate measurement-giving instrumentthat made us enjoy the “Eureka” moment when we strived hard to give the best toMusk.While his supposedly short stint got moved tothe long-term project, my few-month adoption slowly turned into fullparenthood.
Last updated: December 20, 2021
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Incogni Solutions LLP.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: India
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a mobile phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Fydl website, accessible from https://fydl.fit
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
1.2. Collecting and using your Personal Data
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Pet's name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
1.3. Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
1.4. Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
1.5. Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods. Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
1.6. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Law enforcement Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Other legal requirements The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
1.7. Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
1.8. Children's Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
1.9. Links to Other Websites
1.11. Contact Us
Created: 2021-12-30 Thu 21:58